[ga] Grant writer needed
- To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [ga] Grant writer needed
- From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:54:04 -0800 (PST)
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=xm3q8vve0/q2+QnIahfgKHlFjRyInzo58Y190lpxKbkKlh0Vori/LpMSFPqtEm9s1FjAKKkm7IIays75J6vMG17E9HQHKkEZjZX7QnrzQJHVBFPLXQRwt+qmFvOVZGgoFJeY8+jtEijyaNM6H3607PNZ14IijWGkozKpe3frnCE= ;
- Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So the process is down and out. Perhaps there is a Grant out there to fund an individual users representative group.
If you build it they will come.
The structure is simple and can be developed here. Perhaps using the original by-laws of ICANN with a few changes that will insure individual rights.
Then a proposal to several foundations that would fund such an Idea. We probably need look no further than the original contributors to ICANN.
This little ditty of an advertising site lays out the grants availability pretty well;
"Government agencies and private foundations are required by law to distribute over $298 BILLION to groups and individuals this year. They give away this money for 2 main reasons:
Elected officials who want to stay in office, give away billions in government cash so people will continue to vote for them.
Big corporations and wealthy individuals have figured out ways to save TONS in taxes by giving away money as ?foundations?. As long as it is good for their ?bottom line? the funds will keep flowing, good times or bad. "
I cannot see a better use for this type of money than to build an internet indvidual domicile for representation of the masses.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.