Re: [ga] Expired Terms

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Expired Terms
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:27:56 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I disagree respectfully with Eric regarding knowing the bylaws. Seems
Bruce has a good handle on them given his response.  None the less
Danny should have looked before he spoke.  He again, didn't...
Any of our board members that does not know fairly well, the bylaws
and what they mean, is usually not a board member for much longer..

  However Eric is correct IMHO regarding "Some" boards where
personality is somehow more important than substative criterion.
Recently Disney, MCI/worldcom-con, Global Crossing, Enron, ect.,
come to mind with such a mindset.  It may be that ICANN is
following their example.  If so, it is no wonder to me at least, that
ICANN has lost its luster and promise.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS