Re: [ga] Major regional survey on Internet governance

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Major regional survey on Internet governance
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:18:23 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

 Thanks Danny, however this was posted on the Apnict-Talk mailing
list several days ago.  What is interesting about this so called survey
is it is VERY directed so as to not allow for accurate answers to
some of the questions this so called "Survey" requests and does
not allow for those stakeholders/users that have dual citizenship...

Danny Younger wrote:

> >From Apnic-announce:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> UNDP-APDIP, in cooperation with UNESCAP and APNIC and supported by
> IDRC,
> is conducting a major survey on Internet policy issues in the entire
> Asia-Pacific region. The survey intends to reach out to all
> stakeholder
> groups, public and private sector, Internet developers and industry,
> as
> well as civil society and normal Internet users. This will provide a
> good overview of what the priorities in Internet policy are in your
> own
> country and how they vary for different stakeholders and across
> countries.
>
> The results of the survey will also be directly conveyed to the U.N.
> Working Group on Internet Governance and the identified priorities
> will
> help us focus our own research efforts on priority topics.
>
> Maximum outreach is key to the success of the survey, so we have made
> the online questionnaire available in twelve major languages of the
> region. However, in order to get the word out and reach all
> stakeholder
> groups in all countries, we very much depend on local partners. May we
>
> ask for your help in this regard? It would be immensely valuable, if
> you
> could make your colleagues/members aware of this survey and encourage
> them to participate. Your help will ensure that your constituencies
> are
> heard and that your concerns are taken into account in Internet
> policy-making.
>
> Simply point all your contacts in the Asia-Pacific region to
> http://survey.igov.apdip.net, the English version of the survey and
> announcement, which comes with a brief introductory note and links to
> all other language versions. Alternatively, you can link directly to
> the
> respective language versions (requires pertinent language support on
> your computer system):
>
> Chinese
> http://survey.igov.apdip.net/index_html-zh
>
> Farsi

> [...]