Re: [ga] A Corporation without Members or Annual Meetings

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] A Corporation without Members or Annual Meetings
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 07:56:35 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry Danny,
My mistake. I quoted a bad passage from ICANN website I should have quoted here; http://www.icann.org/general/  .(see below) And made it more clear that they are not registered with the SOS, California as a foreign based International Corp. And or as a Public/Private partnership or LLC. I suppose I also should have quoted from the California Corporations code as found here; http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.html/corp_table_of_contents.html Chapter 3, section 5310 et seq.
And the Board of equalization as found in general here; http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/outofstate.htm
And helpful to my research was the US Department of Labor and a few bills floating around regarding homeland security and hiring foreign nationals when contracting with the USgov.
You see the charging of a tax on all domain name holders changes everything. Doing this on Internet transactions is a clear violation of federal law. Now as you know I am a dotcommoner. I do not own a domain name but the trickle down effect qualifies me as a taxpayer. Now add to that any membership questions so that there is absolutely no representation and I begin to feel like a good old fashion tea party, only this one may look more like Alices' than Bostons'. ;-}
Digital divide is what is occuring. The discrimination is worldwide as never before seen. It has encompassed the globe which is now joined in ICANNs Elite versus users discrimination which is truly color, race, culture, gender, age and handicap blind.

Eric

What is ICANN?

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is an internationally organized, non-profit corporation that has responsibility for Internet Protocol (IP) address space allocation, protocol identifier assignment, generic (gTLD) and country code (ccTLD) Top-Level Domain name system management, and root server system management functions. These services were originally performed under U.S. Government contract by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) and other entities. ICANN now performs the IANA function.

As a private-public partnership, ICANN is dedicated to preserving the operational stability of the Internet; to promoting competition; to achieving broad representation of global Internet communities; and to developing policy appropriate to its mission through bottom-up, consensus-based processes.

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric,

Re:  "It does not come up on the California Secretary of State website as being incorporated"

See http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C2121683

http://mail.yahoo.com