Re: [ga] Re: [announce] TR: WSIS Workshop invitation

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [announce] TR: WSIS Workshop invitation
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:34:54 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vinton.g.cerf@xxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No Jeff on further review of other meetings and looking at the list of speakers here, this meeting is a meeting of the ruling elite with a small time slot built in for questions or comments from others. It does not center in on nor appear to have any appearance of getting information from the common internet user.  If you and I were to appear and make comment it would be duly noted and the minutes would reflect only that you spoke.
There are no provisions for online comments or questions and no positions stated aforehand.
This is truly a shame.
Eric

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear secretariat, former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

The problem with this announcement is that there it no OPEN forum for
interested stakeholders/users to provide public input/comments. Why is
that?

GNSO SECRETARIAT wrote:

> [To: council[at]gnso.icann.org;liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org;
> ga[at]gnso.icann.org;announce[at]gnso.icann.org]
>
> Please share the attached WSIS workshop invitation/announcement with
> internal and external groups you work with, as appropriate.
>
> This notice also should be available anytime now at
> .
>
> GNSO Secretariat

> Name: WSIS Workshop Cape Town Invitation.doc
> WSIS Workshop Cape Town Invitation.doc Type: Microsoft Word Document (application/msword)
> Encoding: base64

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827