Re: [ga] Paper on the Release of Deleted Domains

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Paper on the Release of Deleted Domains
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:53:23 -0800
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  It is clear and has been for several years now that the separation of
Registry and registrar was not well thought out from a contractual and
logical basis.  It is also clear that any advantage that the registrars
can
get they will try to get as a matter of good business expectation and
practice.  However when ICANN whom along with DOC/NTIA
has oversight authority, knows of a existing abuse or method or of
any sort, and refuses to act, than they are neglecting their
responsibility
to the public regarding a public resource.  Here enlies the crux and
solution to the WLS or WLS-like "Registrars/quasi-Registrars" to
which Richard rightly refers to.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS