Re: [ga] China Rewards Porn Snitches

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] China Rewards Porn Snitches
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:33:51 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Interesting response you gave here...  It seems that governments and
courts and prosecutors aren't doing enough as the increase in spam in
growing exponentially.
Hence my consideration in my remarks below...  We need to fight spam
wherever
we find it or it finds us...  So lets take a *Bite* out of Spam!  >;<
Let us all
try to encourage ICANN and its registries and registrars to clean up the
mess
they have created, Spam-wise...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    It would seem that governments and courts and prosecutors are doing
> a fine job.
> Assessing penalties and fines and jailtime seems a bit outside the
> perview or even the broadest assessment of ICANN duties.
> However they should do more to establish industry standards and
> community consensus on the issue. Note this is not an engineering
> problem.
> Eric
>
> Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,
>
> I wonder how ICANN Registries and Registrars as well as the ICANN
> BoD are going to address this growing problem if they at all step up
> to he plate at all.
> See:
> http
> //www.newsday.com/technology/business/wire/sns-ap-china-porn-rewards,0,1812553.story?coll=sns-ap-technology-headlines
>
> I am contemplating recommending with to our members in china
> to rat some of these domain name holders and their respective
> Registrars and Registries with examples in especially the .BIZ
> and .INFO to the USTR as an official complaint. I am sure
> Ambasador Zollick will become interested in time...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> Pierre Abelard
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
> E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Registered Email addr with the USPS
> Contact Number: 214-244-4827

    Pierre Abelard