Re: [ga] Moving toward the people/Market Approach

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Moving toward the people/Market Approach
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 00:10:49 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I think it is wise to remember the economic times in which ICANN
> took off. It was in the dotcom bubble years. The arrogance that
> corporations had toward the consumer was at an all time high.

  First off, ICANN didn't "Take Off" it was created for purposes that
were
deemed necessary by the USG.  I also didn't find that in 1999 that IT
based
corporations were as arrogant as many seem to be in 2004.

> Some stockholders got in and got out and became instant
> multi-millionaires. Some stayed in and now their corporations are
> finally clearing the fog from the hangover and getting back down to
> market economics. Those that cannot are part of the dotbombs. There
> are no longer huge sums of money available for the IPO or the not
> forprofit side of this biz. This story is about one late IPO and
> company that is facing a reality and responding to the consumer.
> http://www.technewsworld.com/story/36165.html
> {"When historians look back at the Google  IPO, it's likely they will
> judge it a huge success. That's because the search-engine company
> stepped out of a process that rewarded financial insiders and moved
> toward a more free-market approach."}

 Excellent statement if proven in the future to come to pass.  However
the
jury is still out of that future.  I myself  "Cashed In" on my Google
stock I was
able to get on the initial bidding scheme.

> Google is a long hold company that is consumer reaction based on
> needs. One need only look here at archives and crosscheck to see if
> they are locatable on Google to find if they are making any attempt to
> be consumer conscious.
> The lost archives from here were found there at one time and an
> examination made it clear they were held by TR. Now isn't that
> interesting.

  Well Thomas Rossler was hosting the DNSO.ORG and later the GNSO web
sites for ICANN.  Why the on site archives have been discontinued is
still
a mystery or some significant and perhaps dubious historical and
certainly
possible legal interest in the future...

 What's more interesting concerning the DNSO GA/GNSO is the fact
that under the supposed restructuring of the DNSO by Stuart Lynn and
Company, did away with the GA without the expressed consent or
even Consensus of it's participants/members...

> Eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS