Re: [ga] OECD report on competition in the gTLD market

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] OECD report on competition in the gTLD market
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 06:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have seen this before in a few variables. In Grad school it would earn you an F.
Note;
The second focus of the paper is a "discussion of the". Unless they begin and end with a Socratic dialogue created in a Platonic methodology or derivative this concept immediately redflags you to scream "Justification of Predetermined Conclusion".
The other amazing factor is the use of "corralation equals causation". Cogito Ergo Sum does not translate into Suma ergo Cogit, or I think therefor I am does not mean I am therfor I think. Through the paper, great endeavors by entrepeneurs, technical people, and Interglobalists are displayed. Then the notion that ICANN is somehow "in charge" is floated without justification or analysis. And then the conclusion is reached that the internet is fantastic, making money, and domain names are less expensive to ICANN is the reason is made.
If you for one second buy this logic, then indeed it is DoC who gets all the credit because they have mismanaged and ignored ICANN and therefor enterprise has flourished unbridled.
Has anyone noticed how completed faits and complimentary works, get posted here so quickly and notice periods are always late and during holidays.
Oh yes and also notice the technical mastery involved in creating a link.

Eric
PS. I think it is working well myself, just don't tell anyone or they will certainly tax me just for keeping their hands off.

"gnso.icann" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
[To: ga[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org]

[To: liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org; council[at]gnso.icann.org]

For those interested, the OECD report on competition in the gTLD market is declassified and available at:

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/56/34/32996948.pdf

GNSO Secretariat