[ga] GAO/Accountability

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] GAO/Accountability
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:39:35 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After further review of the enabling legislation and review of the General ACCOUNTING Office it hit me that this is the largest Accounting firm in the world. But the word accounting does not stop at numbers, it includes holding persons responsible for their conduct via money. (i.e. ACCOUNTABLE)

So we now have a SARA test; Security Accessibility Reliability and Accountability.
The accountability is what the Internet is missing. There is no way to hold ICANN accountable for their actions.

Except it looks like the GAO is suppose to hold the DoC accountable.

eric