Re: [ga] ICANN Budget Questioned - Again...

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Budget Questioned - Again...
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 09:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Europe sticks up two fingers at ICANN budgetThis article is a really good read if for no other reason than language and cultural diversity.
In this case "sign language" In the US it is not two fingers but one - the middle one. I seem to remember a fingernail flicking through your teethe, left hand on bicep with right fist going up and chances are an Asian could not tell you theirs.

Trickle down effect of economics is like high crude prices raising the price at the gas pump. If Apnic and Lacnic accept this the trickle down effect will effect my shoeshine boys internet access. All for what? And remember this is the US post 9/11 workers hired by ICANN here must be American unless there is no labor available.
Finally the rubber may have to hit the road. Because these are big dollars to economies of countries without adequate voice.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

http://www.theregister.com/2004/05/28/centr_opposes_icann-budget/