Re: [ga] This Forum virus hits form one subscriber - Causes...

See below --

Monday, May 17, 2004, 4:21:26 AM, Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
JW> Leah and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

JW>   Oh? Well than why did you twice inform us all that you did? Oh yes
JW> and BTW I did not say you were using Norton Firewall..   And
JW> BTW as well the info I provided included  "Symantec Norton AntiSpam
JW> 2004"
Send us the links to the archives of Leah's posts, in which she
says she is running that firewall.

JW>   So, why was it that your Email address was several times carrying
JW> a attached file that contained a virus, even after it was several times
JW> pointed out your Email address, and not spoofed as you claimed, was
JW> still sending out a virus in an attached file?
Provide the complete headers of those e-mails which conclusively prove
the e-mail actually came from her and was not forged/spoofed.

JW>   Now I can believe that VERY recently you  have changed or added
JW> additional virus protect software as you state below...  But that's after
JW> some time after the fact Leah...  Too much time after the fact...

JW>   The proof as you well know Leah is in the archives.  I have no
JW> problem what so ever providing that proof in a court of proper
JW> jurisdiction ANY TIME!  I await your service...
Just provide the evidence here. You'll need to provide the complete
e-mail headers.

I you can't or won't substantiate your position here, with the hard
evidence, then just leave her alone.  IOW, put up or shut up.

Thanks,

> [...]

>> > third site has a large number of Symantec users; however they do not
>> > officially support the software and do not plan any action at this time.
>> >
>> > They said that if there is an exploit released in the wild, they will
>> > inform the end users who have signed up for general security
>> > notifications.

>> > http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AD20040512D.html (DNS
>> > Overflow)
>> > http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AD20040512A.html (NetBIOS
>> > Stack Overflow)
>> > http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AD20040512C.html (NetBIOS
>> > Heap Overflow)
>> > http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AD20040512B.html (DNS DoS)
>> > Symantec Advisory
>> >
>> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/security/Content/2004.05.12.html
>> >
>> > DNS DoS Exploit
>> > http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2004-05/0131.html
>> > SecurityFocus BID
>> > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/10333
>> > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/10334
>> > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/10335
>> > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/10336
>> > ****************************************************************
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jeffrey A. Williams
>> > Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>> > "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
>> >     Pierre Abelard
>> >
>> > "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
>> > liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
>> > P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
>> > United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
>> > ===============================================================
>> > Updated 1/26/04
>> > CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
>> > IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
>> > E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >  Registered Email addr with the USPS
>> > Contact Number: 214-244-4827
>> >

>> --
>> Leah G.
>> http://forums.delphiforums.com/atlargeorg
>> http://forums.delphiforums.com/domainwatch

JW> Regards,

JW> --
JW> Jeffrey A. Williams
JW> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
JW> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
JW>     Pierre Abelard

JW> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
JW> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
JW> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
JW> United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
JW> Updated 1/26/04
JW> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
JW> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.inetconcepts.net
(972) 788-2364                    Fax: (972) 788-5049
----