[ga] Jaywalking

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Jaywalking
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:15:03 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not know maybe you can call me a law geek.  I was looking through some research from back in the eighties. Well this fancy pants state still has old laws (funny but so does Alaska, as they adopt all California statutes unless specifically stated otherwise). It is so funny you got your cal rept and your southwestern reporter, Oh no these are great, it is a major legal, multilevel marketing publishing scheme. If you ever have the time go and read some "redbooks", they are in the basement of your local lawschool. Those are really cool they are briefs of big appellate cases and awesome stuff. Trouble is, as Bailey and Belli told me when I respectfully worked for them - Boy! you got to walk out the front door and in the courtroom door to save your raggedy ass client.

Subject is the law; So this old statute talks about walking across the street in a wrong place, it is a vehicle code or CVC law. It talks about these pedestrians that are wrongful and says to the effect "you still should not hit them" - referring to running someone down because they are not at a legal crosswalk. You see in Cal it is still legal to hit an illegal pedestrian.
Well that gives you pause for thought about spam and viruses. Can I just go out for fifty dollars and ruin their websites - hell yes it is legal.

Point is: moral obligations may be more important than a strict adherence to some law and great coverage by the team of Jones & Day.

eds RFC # 5 Immoral and negligent conduct should never be condoned. Security, Accessibility and Reliability is a socio-moral obligation.