Re: Attachments on this mailing list (was Re: RE: [ga] Encrypted document)

You need to check the origin of the email, not the FROM. I've scanned my machine several times using different scanners and have not found a virus infected file. I also do not send attachments to lists. It's more likely to be a spoofed email.

Leah

George Kirikos wrote:

Hello,

--- nainil@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Who is this Jandl? I am getting VIRUS Messeges from HIM/HER.

Please block this address (jandl@xxxxxxxxx) for sometime till the
issue is resolved.

I received the virus too. However, it would be improper to block the
message, as anyone can spoof anyone's email address easily. Innocent
people would then be blocked.

The better solution would be for ICANN's mailing list administrator to
block all attachments (either stripping the attachments, or bouncing
back all emails with attachments). There are much better alternatives
than sending attachments these days (e.g. posting the material either
in pure text in the body of the message, or linking to a document on a
website).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/