[ga] I do not get it

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] I do not get it
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 08:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So some person ran a program here.http://www.univision.com/portal.jhtml
  It addressed moral possibilities involved in sexuality.  It got attacked and hammered and all torn up by some group named glad.  Some guy was drowning, off the coast of Hawaii, and some great big guy grabbed him and gave him his buggey board and got him safe to the shore - damned if it wasn't Arnold my governor or governator.
When I was sitting in a bar some thirty years ago in a place called Havana this great big fat guy, with a funny beard and a really cool hat sasheeed over to my table and told me that I was a fool.  I hit him as hard as I could with a right jab.  He bought us new drinks and insisted that if I did not say what I thought and make it real clear and stand my ground then I would go straight to hell with my father.  The owner of that little bar later brought me a coffee and asked what it felt like to hit and then get lectured by that old man.  I told him directly that I did not get it.  He told me the old man was Hemmingway.  I guess of the Ernest variety.
My point is that the internet allows us all to make a point, but it does not stop or abate our coinciding responsibility to stand up and be counted.  I just lost another soldier in a strange country called Iraq, he was and is Polish, i think his greatgrandfather was related to the last Czar, of Russian stuff.  My point is that death and intelligence does not know boundaries.  Go try and get it, go ahead and get confused.