Re: [ga] Privacy?

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Privacy?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:12:32 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, practices@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Chuck Gomes <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Chris Chiu <CCHIU@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hugh/Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

 This is hardly any thing close to protecting or practicing good and
honest
privacy as the stakeholder/user has no opt-out or control over his/her
privacy in any real sense.  See for instance from Versigns own
stated policy:http://www.verisign.com/truste/index.html?sl=071202
Excerpt:
What information our site gathers about you
How we use and with whom we share the information we gather
Your ability to opt-out of future notifications
What security procedures we have in place to protect your
information from loss, misuse, or alteration
How you can correct or update your information

  The stakeholder/user should have the option as to whom his/her
information is shared with.

  The stakeholder/user should be able at any time to change his/her
mind as to whom his/her information is currently shared with.

 The stakeholder/user should determine what information is gathered
by their accessing any verisign or any other internet address/website
is gathered...

  The stakeholder/user should be able to correct any bad, out of date,
or incorrect data that has been collected regarding him/her directly...