[ga] funny

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] funny
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:15:29 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Spamming and telephone solicitors.

Just a cute little article.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=&e=9&u=/ap/20040326/ap_on_bi_ge/mci_layoffs

Oh no!  I don't mean so many people losing their jobs is cute.  I mean the chairman of some board was a top exec. here where they made their money on autodial unwanted tel solicitations while the board here turned a deaf ear to spamming.

But it does show that consumer groups at a state level can tune in to tuning out unwanted intrusions into their waves and actually have an effect on the market.  It shows the efficacy of many groups and the power of the people.  But it does cost jobs. Note that one of the men so instrumental here was a guy so well marketed as the Terminator.

But the ironies are very funny in a queer sort of way.