[ga] SpamHaus lobbies for .mail TLD

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] SpamHaus lobbies for .mail TLD
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:26:10 -0800
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  Yet another chartered TLD or sTLD proposed with an
interesting twist...
See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/36546.html
and  http://www.spamhaus.org/tld/index.html
others comments:
 http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/23/1450212&tid=111
 http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=04/03/25/2254234

  I believe ICANN will be approving this chartered  TLD
so a to give the impression that ICANN is trying to address
spam in some meaningful way, and that could be spun as
good Marketing, but poor education IMHO...  The proposal
for the charter for this one should have been expected by
those of us that have been members of this forum for
awhile, yet it has underpinnings that need close and careful
review in the charter portion of this .MAIL proposal...

  BTW, I wonder if the USPS will have a little trouble with
this proposed TLD as a threatening competition offering???
I can see the litigation lawyers rubbing their hands together
in anticipation of litigation fees possible on this one...  >;)

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827