[ga] Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión e n españolde los Estatutos del ICANN

I would say that, what they say is probably "understood" by "most"
Americans. However, not "most" and certainly not "all" Americans
subscribe to their narrow minded, conservative, right wing platform.

Furthermore, this organization, and their platform, is not relevant.
They own their agenda and it will only influence your thinking and the
basis for your platform, if you embrace it yourself and allow it to
consume your thinking.

I'm just encouraging a more open-minded observation of the subject
matter.  We are certainly a country with our fair share of problems
and we have some leaders who, perhaps, should not be there.  The
voters will make all of those decisions and it is almost always the
right decision when the dust settles.

America and Americans, in total, or in majority, bear no resemblance to
the ideals expressed by http://newamericancentury.org  So, it is not
relevant to anything - unless you want to push their agenda -- in that
case, I just don't understand your motive or your thinking.

This started off with a difference about which language was acceptable
for communication.  I speak English, but not French, Spanish or
German.  If I'm interested in the post, I can always go to a free
translation service and get the general idea of the idea presented.  I
don't see it as a big deal.  English is best for me, but far be it for
me to jam it down anyone's throat.  If you want to make it easy on me,
than easy would be to speak in English.  That's the truth.

There are far more important things to discuss than this, aren't
there?  Can we move on to them, now?

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 10, 2004, 4:33:15 PM, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
JFCJM> At 14:51 10/03/04, Don Brown wrote:
>>Please don't base any judgement of America upon what you read at
>>http://newamericancentury.org They certainly don't speak for all Americans.

JFCJM> I dont. I just know that what they say was understood by 50% of the
JFCJM> American people. So I can reasonably assume that their lexical definitions
JFCJM> belong in part to the American language. The fact that - as you say - they
JFCJM> do not speak for all Americans, only adds to the complexity of
JFCJM> understanding what an American sentence on the "multilateral" matter -
JFCJM> which is a key point for the WSIS - will actually mean.

JFCJM> In such case it is advisable to resort to a language where that ambiguity
JFCJM> does not exist, because it was not disputed.

JFCJM> Brains are like computers. They work better with some langages for special
JFCJM> tasks. You know Carlos Quinto's quote:

JFCJM> when I talk with merchants, I speak Dutch,
JFCJM> when I talk with soldiers, I speak Gernan,
JFCJM> when I talk with little flowers, I speak Portuguese,
JFCJM> when I talk with ladies, I speak Italian,
JFCJM> when I talk with men, I speak French,
JFCJM> when I talk with God, I speak Spanish.

JFCJM> jfc

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----