Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión en español de los Estatutos del ICANN

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] LatinoamerICANN publica versión en español de los Estatutos del ICANN
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 06:34:29 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This little exchange is illustrative of two foundational issues which have empowered the cartels to remain in control of ICANN and groups like affilias.

First the attack on the person based upon old tired hatreds and contempts for personalities.  This factor assures a lack of cohesiveness and in fact lends perfectly to a divide and concquer truth. (note here that an issue is forgotten and only the biting fustration is vented on a fellow.  It is clear from long history that Mr. Williams has a good command of language and the resources for ready translation. It is also an interesting point of multilingualism that is very touchy at best)

Second is multilingualism.  It is clearly a policy issue, as early as the wg-review we created and suggested reforms and all necessary and economical technical mechanisms to make any language work.  This of course would have been a dam to a centralists watershed and was cast aside by a dnso board. And don't forget Danny's presentation and wonderful website that solved these problems, which brought untold wrath when he presented it in MDR. --------- Which interestingly enough brings us back to the first point.

Sometimes I think it is just egos that are the downfall of any reconstruction in this arena.
Let us see in the summer if the grouping in LA can put aside such pettiness and actually not worry about their own positions but rather accomplishing something.

I have always thought that only a strong leader could do this, mending and fence building but it would have to be one without a hidden agenda.

eric hdierker

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andy and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

Even our latin american members recognize that English in the international

language of choice as I have reminded Erick and others of before. It is also

well known that this forum is predominantly comprised of english speakers
and/or readers. Hence your remarks are a characterization of less than
valid consideration as was Erick's use of spanish in his post..

Indeed our membership has been growing at a far less than usual
rate but not yet stagnated as you assume incorrectly yet again.
I have simply not updated my sig file to reflect our membership
growth...

So again Andy, nice try, but as usual for you, no cigar...

Andy Gardner wrote:

> I would have thought you would have jumped at the chance of claiming at
> least 8900 Latin American members of INEG, Jeff, rather than such a
> display of white-man-in-suit narrow-mindedness.
>
> Your membership appears to have stagnated recently.
>
> PS. It's "ingles" (with an accent over the e)
>
> On Mar 8, 2004, at 9:37 PM, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Erick and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
> > stakeholders/users,
> >
> > Habla engles?
> >
> > Erick Iriarte Ahon wrote:
> >
> >> Hola..
> >> les comparto lo siguiente que creo que sera de vuestrao interes.
> >>
> >> Erick
> >>
> >> ----------
> >> LatinoamerICANN publica versión en español de los Estatutos del ICANN
> >> Enviado por 08 Mar 2004 - 12:35
> >> http://latinoamericann.derecho.org.ar/modules.php?
> >> op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=519&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0
> >> ----------
> >>
> >> Como parte del proceso de acercar a las personas la documentación
> >> primaria
> >> del ICANN, de modo tal que la información sirva para las discusiones
> >> académicas, para la investigación y el desarrollo de propuestas
> >> Alfa-Redi
> >> Dominios (Proyecto de Alfa-Redi), publica la versión en español del
> >> los
> >> Estatutos del ICANN.
> >>
> >> Esta versión en español de los estutos al 15 de Diciembre del 2002,
> >> son los
> >> estatutos que aparecieron tras el proceso de reforma del ICANN, con
> >> posterioridad a esta versión existen 3 mejoras, cuyos artículos
> >> modificados
> >> estan en proceso de traducción y aparecerán en las próximas semanas
> >> tambien
> >> publicados en LatinoamerICANN.
> >>
> >> El trabajo de traducción ha estado a cargo de Vany Martinez,
> >> consejera del
> >> PIR e integrante del Proyecto LatinoamerICANN.
> >>
> >> La versión del documento la puede obtener en:
> >> Acceso a Versión en Español de los Estatutos del ICANN
> >> http://www.alfa-redi.org/dominios/ard-estatutos-icann.pdf
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
> > "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> > Pierre Abelard
> >
> > "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> > liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> > P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> > United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> > Updated 1/26/04
> > CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> > IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Registered Email addr with the USPS
> > Contact Number: 214-244-4827

Pierre Abelard