Re: [ga] Re: "Alternative roots": a big technical failure

  • To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: "Alternative roots": a big technical failure
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 06:25:40 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doesn't it become glaringly obvious that any so called failure in the area of inclusiveness is a result of policy/politics not a technical problem at all.

This again begs the question of the Ostrich. Assume that policy is not within the perview of ICANN but as water running downhill the BOD seeks the path of least resistance.  Because the earstwhile dam builders deny scope in this regard, their heads are in the sand and the policy decisions of the BOD remain unchecked, running as a flashflood to the very homes of the "stakeholders" who counted on - no not the BOD, but the dam builders.

Rather than getting into and mastering this area the men and women who could have stopped this trend, pointed fingers at the bastard stepchildren who suggested the king has no clothes and addressed everything as purely technical.

As ancient warriors learned, it is better to face the elephant in the Alps than to deny that he can cross them. Icann is in this unchartered territory and will soon sew salt on our ruins lest we redifine our boundaries to ebb the flow in policy.