Re: [ga] USPTO grants Calif. lawyer patent over entire WWW naming scheme

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] USPTO grants Calif. lawyer patent over entire WWW naming scheme
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:03:04 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is interesting just how little effect these types of matters have upon the common p2p useage of the WWW.

Now a virus may bother many of us.  Prices of use may annoy us.  But who owns a patent and how much a domain name costs is minimal at best.

I would be kind of interested to hear/read what is broken, by that I mean what device in the house of the net does not work when you turn it on or flush it or close/open it.