Re: [ga] ICANN Ombudsman??

  • To: michael@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Ombudsman??
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:46:31 -0800
  • Cc: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  The subject line of this thread seems to be not in line with your comments
and/or remarks, Michael...

  However, history of this BoD will not be determined by time alone,
but by here and now, and the stakeholders/users. They have spoken,
have been speaking, will continue to speak out against what much this
ICANN BoD has been advocating, doing, and not doing.  They also
shall be doing themselves as is evident by some of the less developed
nations and Stakeholders/users have recently been attempting to do
via the UN and ITU, although unwisely in our members majority
opinion.

 So the "Flying pigs/ICANN BoD" are still winging their way
along.  But like the pidgions in my barn, when they leave to
many/much of their odorous calling cards, I take my shotgun
out of its case, load it up and start thinning or eliminating the flock.  >;)

Michael D. Palage wrote:

> George:
>
> Disclosure - I am not speaking on behalf of the Board.
>
> Answers to your questions:
>
> 1) Despite the acknowledged unpopularity of the service, I think the
> previous ICANN Board got it right. I do not believe they had the authority
> to unreasonably withhold approval of the service. I think the recent
> California decision supports this conclusion. Coming from the registrar
> constituency, the eventual implementation of the WLS will have a negative
> impact on all registrars, small/medium/large, but VeriSign has a contractual
> right to offer this new service.
>
> 2) Because of the unresolved nature of the SiteFinder issue, I will defer
> commenting on the specifics of your request.
>
> 3) I will talk to Terri about the Pool.com lawsuit. However, I was able to
> get it online from pool.com's website if I am not mistaken. The fact that
> the material is available online I believe mitigates the fact that ICANN is
> trying to hide anything. Looking at the website I didn't see any of the
> Davies litigation either. I will see what can be done to help get the
> documents online.
>
> 4) Do not know about this one. Give me a couple of days to look into.
>
> George, the new Board is evolving and heading in the right direction. I know
> there are a lot of skeptics out there that have a lot of reasons not to
> believe me. I guess history will be the ultimate judge if I was a
> constructive Board director or sheep. However, anyone that knows me knows
> that I am not a sheep :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael D. Palage

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801