[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Battle over .ua will continue

  • To: Chris Chiu <CCHIU@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Battle over .ua will continue
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:59:59 -0800
  • Cc: "NCC Discuss list (E-mail)" <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris and all,

  Thanks for passing this interesting and concerning development along.

  Is it your opinion that Hostmaster had a good shot in it's appeal effort?

  I have also yet to see a response from ICANN to date.

  We have very few members in the Republic of the Ukraine, but do have
a far number of members that reside in the US that have .UA domain
names registered.  I am fairly sure that their right under US law,
are being abridged or otherwise jeopardized.  I am also fairly sure
that those of our members that are also ACLU members, are
even more concerned that the "SBU" is not the appropriate
Ukrainian government agency in the republic of the Ukraine.