[ga] Initial observations about The Issues Report. - Personal of Jeffrey A. Williams

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robin Layton <RLayton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, pdp-reports@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Initial observations about The Issues Report. - Personal of Jeffrey A. Williams
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:27:25 -0800
  • Cc: james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All former DNSO GA members or other Interested stakeholders/users,

Reference:
http://icann.org/gnso/issue-reports/registry-svcs-report-19nov03.htm

  General observations:

  This report had restraint of trade implications all over it.  As I had
in my
capacity as Spokesman for INEGroup suggested to James Tierney  DOJ
prior to this report, the direction and method by which this report was
being determined was a prelude to restraint of trade issues being
created.
It is now plainly clear after my initial reading, and warning from our
legal staff, that those concerns were well founded.

 Any actions, or policies suggested or recommended from, or as a result
of this report, shall in my opinion, sooner or later face several legal
challenges of which at least some, if not many will be successful
and result in serious negative financial and legal repercussions for
years to come.  Closed or restricted processes often, if not
usually creating such unneeded and avoidable damages to and
of verying degrees... Overly subjective judgments as suggested
in this report are the primary flaws created and determined by a
poor, closed or restricted process..

  In the very near future, INEGroup shall be reviewing this report
in earnest and in great detail and shall present a much more detailed
and/or specific critique/review of this report, which I shall be
presenting in due course as directed in my capacity as Spokesman...

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801