[ga] VeriSign CEO on Commercializing the Internet

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] VeriSign CEO on Commercializing the Internet
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:06:35 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

CNET has an interview with VeriSign CEO Stratton
Scalvos, who says it's time to commercialize the internet's
infrastructure and 'pull the root servers away from volunteers who run
them out of a university or lab.' He admits that's going to be
'unpopular.'" Because, after all, taking the root servers away from
bright, educated comp-sci longbeards who have nothing better to do than
to make them run well, and putting them in the hands of MBA
bean-counters
who don't know what TCP/IP is, is a sure-fire way to improve
reliability.

See:  http://news.com.com/2008-7347-5092590.html?tag=nefd_gutspro

  Well I hate to say it, but I told ya so...

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801