Re: [ga] VeriSign fends off critics at ICANN confab and ALAC's ligitimacy

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, L. Gallegos wrote:

> You're leaving out one major factor.  Regardless of what ICANN or the USG may do
> to restrict or control things, it is really the telcos that have the strangle hold, along
> with the RIR's.

And it is amazing (and a bit funny) that  almost _nobody_  sees this very
true thing.
I really amuse myself, when I see governments trying to regulate domainnames..
It is about time that government realize that regulating names is a charade,
IF they dont control the numbers ( and for that sake ALL computers out there,
including the cables and the routers and the .....).

Regards
Per
CEO of .DK