Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members

Jonathan and all former DNSO GA members or other stakeholder/users,

  I am saddened to read your response here Jonathan given that Kristy
was as the subject line of this thread states only "Requesting Details"
of ALAC supposed members and was rebuffed by Vitorio to which
she took him to task publicly.  Such a request by Kristy is both
legitimate and honest.  Yet Vitorio decided to respond in less
than an honest manner and seemingly denigrated Kristy for the
very asking of her questions in her Request.  Therefor just
spinning instead of being straight forward and above board in
his answers.  Such does not boad well for the ALAC or
it's future...  So the silliness is on Vittorio and the ALAC...

Jonathan Weinberg wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Kristy McKee wrote:
> >[snip]
> > Just in case you were wondering, there is enough information available to
> > convince even the most hopeful person that ICANN's ALAC truly has no
> > interest in working for the purpose of enhancing the Internet for netizens;
> > but rather the special interest groups they represent.
>
>         This is silly.  I am far from "the most hopeful person" when it
> comes to anything ICANN, as folks who have read my writings know.  And
> there's plenty to criticize in the fact that the ALAC members were
> appointed top-down by the ICANN board and nomcomm.  But I'm personally
> familiar with a half-dozen of the ALAC folks, and I can testify that
> they're people of integrity and good will (not to mention a pretty
> sensible approach to substantive DNS issues).  That does *not* mean that
> we should all jump on the ALAC bandwagon (as Michael points out, the group
> is powerless anyway) -- but it means that a blanket personal attack on its
> members is a bad way to go.
>
> Jon
>
> Jonathan Weinberg
> weinberg@xxxxxxxx

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801