[ga] Re: [Politech] Milton Mueller replies to Politech over Verisign, ICANN column

  • To: Declan McCullagh <declan@xxxxxxxx>, Milton Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "Nancy J. Victory" <nvictory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [Politech] Milton Mueller replies to Politech over Verisign, ICANN column
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:00:40 -0700
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxx>, Kay Bailey Hutchison <senator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joe (Virus Laden web page expert) Sims" <jsims@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Louis L. Touton" <Louis_L._Touton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Louis (Toot Toot) Touton" <touton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Declan, Milton and all,

  Very good review by Milton here, and one that has been discussed
recently on the DNSO/GNSO GA list see:

  As I in my capacity as Spokesman for IENGRoup have made clear
much along the same lines with Milton, Verisign was Granted
in perpetuity the .COM TLD, and at a later date is supposed
to be turning over .NET, they basically via contract can pretty
much do with .COM whatever they like unless DOC/NTIA
decides to step in and enforce their authority which will almost
assuredly guarantee legal action initiated by Verisign and lead
to likely long and protracted litigation...

  Also see comment and remarks at:
>From Karl A.
Also from Karl A.
>From Jeff Williams

 This I am sure ICANN would like to avoide as well will yet again
stain what ICANN had done in it's error in giving and recomending
to DOC/NTIA such an contracted agreement written by Joe Simms
and Louis Touton.