Re: [ga] ICANN is a business

Leah and all former DNSO GA members,

  Yes in the real sense that a US non-profit corp. is by definition
a public benefit corp.  In the sense of a publicly traded corp., no
as a non-profit corp. does not sell "Shares" of traditional stock in the
form of a stock certificate.

  And Leah, I believe we have discussed and debated this
subject area before...

What are you attempting to get at?

L. Gallegos wrote:

> Please enlighten me.  Can a US non-profit, public benefit corporation have
> shareholders?
>
> Leah
>
> On 18 Sep 2003 at 23:14, Andy Gardner wrote:
>
> > Joop, didn't you see Verisign's latest SEC filing, where they reported
> > buying 51% of ICANN's shares?

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801