[ga] Verisign wants to form a "committee", hahaha

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Verisign wants to form a "committee", hahaha
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:36:50 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: discuss-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's the latest from Verisign:

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030922/tech_verisign_lawsuit_1.html

"We're not backing down, but we will work with others," said VeriSign
spokesman Tom Galvin.

will be made up of a half dozen Internet leaders to be announced later
this week that will advise the company on technical aspects of the
SiteFinder service, Galvin said."

Pathetic. Seems like an episode of "Yes, Minister", shunting something
to a committee to delay things. And even if this hand-picked committee
advised against Sitefinder, no obligation to stop.

The time for BS is over. When will ICANN act to stop the Sitefinder
system? One week of abuse of the DNS is enough.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/