Re: [ga] ICANN Advisory to Verisign: Voluntarily suspend Sitefinder

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Advisory to Verisign: Voluntarily suspend Sitefinder
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:21:15 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx, discuss-list@xxxxxxxxxxx, Dave Farber <farber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Farrar <david@xxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George and all Former DNSO GA members,

 I wonder whom at NTIA strongly or otherwise recommended to
ICANN to make this temporary and voluntary suspension
of Verisigns wild card service?  Second, be advised this is
only a temporary suspension pending ICANN's so called
 "Security and Stability Advisory Committee" such as that
may or may not be...  So the other shoe has yet to drop...

  BTW, how much damage has already been allegedly done?
Whom will be making those that were damaged if so, whole?
ICANN or Verisign?  My guess is if damage has occurred,
neither will be offering any compensation for that damage...

 I see snow clouds in the distance...  Perhaps they will
dissipate before arriving...  Or else another ICANN snow
job is likely to begin...

 In the mean time it would be wise for the stakeholders/users
that oppose this Wild Card "Service" keep collecting
signatures for petitions and so forth...

George Kirikos wrote:

> See the advisory at:
>
> http://www.icann.org/announcements/advisory-19sep03.htm
>
> I doubt Verisign has the inkling to stop....
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/
>
> P.S. Sign the updated petition at:
> http://www.whois.sc/verisign-dns/

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801