Re: [ga] ICANN website review: make surfing easier- please comment!

  • To: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@xxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, "Nancy J. Victory" <nvictory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robin Layton <RLayton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, cathy Handley <chandley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN website review: make surfing easier- please comment!
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:40:51 -0700
  • Cc: GNSO SECRETARIAT <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GA <ga@xxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joanna, Secretariat and all former DNSO GA members,

  I, along with many of our members concur with Joanna in this
long standing and frequently mentioned/discussed concern.
The ICANN Web Pages in this area in particular have been
misleading and in this particular area totally nonfactual for
some time.  It again appears that these links remain so
on the ICANN Web Site.  Yet it is understood, rightly
or wrongly that this misleading or nonfactual information
on the ICANN Web Site is likely by now well known as
pure political spin on the part of the ICANN BoD and/or
staff.  Hence leaving the actual stakeholders/users to
relegated and perhaps purposeful obscurity by same.

  One that has been a long standing participant despite the
best efforts of certain members of the ICANN Staff in particular,
to reasonably conclude that the ICANN BoD and/or staff is
totally disinterested in honesty and ethical public interest
in such a projection of ICANN the Corp to that very same
public/stakeholder/user.  I personally find this ongoing
misleading web page link(s) to be contemptuous.

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Dear GNSO Secretariat,
> On the home page it states, "ICANN welcomes the participation of any
> interested Internet user, business, or organization."
>
> Please explain how an interested user can navigate the site to arrive at a
> page that welcomes them, explains exactly how they may register their
> interest and explains exactly what opportunities ICANN is offering at this
> time for their participation.
>
> Since none exists currently, then this statement is deliberately misleading
> the very people for whose benefit ICANN purports to exist.
>
> Joanna

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801