RE: icannatlarge.org (was RE: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC response to sTLD RFP)

  • To: Steven Heath <Steven.Heath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: icannatlarge.org (was RE: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC response to sTLD RFP)
  • From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:12:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steven Heath
> I am with Rick on this one, being contacted about poorly worded and rather
> pointless grandstanding votes is not being asked "about my views".
>
> If people think that being asked to vote on something is the same
> as trying
> to seek a wide range of views or trying to gain consensus then you are
> grossly mistaken.

Steven,
I'm so glad to see both you and Rick taking an interest in AtLarge and would
be happy to nominate both of you for the At Large Polling Committee so that
you can help guide the format for the monthly newsletters that will be
soliciting feedback from the membership in more ways than one I hope in due
course.  Do let me know. In the meantime, the members only mailing list is
always open for you to raise a policy discussion, uncover consensus and push
the Panel for further action. All input is welcome, but I don't recall ever
seeing you post on the members list. Are you subscribed? Finally, if either
of you are interested in Identity Verification, the Verification Committee
has quite a challenge ahead of it that I'm sure could use your expertise, or
even a few resources if you're feeling generous. Let me know.

Joanna