Re: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC response to sTLD RFP
- To: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [ga] PLEASE COMMENT: Suggested ALAC response to sTLD RFP
- From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:07:43 -0400
- Cc: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxx, forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
I support your call for such a proposal.
Hope you're well?
Rick Wesson wrote:
consider this a formal request that the ALAC create a consensus staement
on ICANN having a formal membership composed of domain name holders.
If you need help with the draft I am happy to lend a hand.
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Thomas Roessler wrote:
On 2003-08-28 09:23:02 -0700, George Kirikos wrote:
Why doesn't the ALAC lead discussions on the GA list, which has
been active in the past on numerous issues?
Guess why we are throwing a *draft* statement at you guys?
Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
--Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)