Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jandl@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...
  • From: Albert Brickel <nonukesnokooks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx, Conrad Burns <Conrad_Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Connie Morella <Rep.Morella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, commerce <commerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Williams has been revealed!

It has been determined that Jeff Holt of Grapeland, TX, is Jeff Williams of

Grapevine, TX.

Follow these threads and see,

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01277.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01317.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01319.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01322.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01325.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01344.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01392.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01478.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01513.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01517.html       <<<<!!

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01574.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01582.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01585.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01607.html

Scroll to the bottom of the list for Jeff Williams lies and antics in 2003.

some appropriate information:

FROM: Jason Watkins

DATE: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT)

TO: <atlarge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   [atlarge-discuss] Reminder: Jeff Williams

is mentally Ill

Just a reminder and a repost of the Jeff Williams FAQ.  I see that Jeff Williams

has been writing not as an individual, but in the plural again.  Using phrases

like "At such time as we [INEGroup] have done a complete review" This is just a

reminder that INEG group does not exist, that Jeff Williams is not to be taken

seriously, and that he speaks only for himself and not for a group of over

100,000 people.  Frankly it is sad, and I wish he would get help.  Regular

readers will ignore his inane ramblings, but new readers may be tricked into

replying. Among the "nutsy-cukoo" things he has said in the last few weeks are:

That he met personally with President George Bush in Waco Texas and that he is

having secret email conversations with government officials. Here is the rest of

the FAQ:

Jeff Williams' FAQ. (99/01)

-- 1. Who is Jeff Williams? Jeffrey A. Williams,  has claimed in postings to

various lists:

-- to be the Chief Executive Officer and the Co-Founder of the 4.8 billion

dollar privately held employee owned INEG. INC

-- to be the Director of Internet Network Engineering and Senior Java/CORBA

Engineer for the Information Network Engineering Group, INEG INC.

-- to be an ex-IBM Fellow,

-- to have to have graduated from UTD and to have a law degree from SMU Law

School

-- to have three degrees, MBA, Masters in Computer Science and Engineering, and

Law

-- to have served as a judge for 7 years

-- to be a member of the IETF -- to serve on several medium sized business

boards and on the boards of several banks

-- to be the author of two books and is working on a third

-- to own 3 ISPs, including Frisco net, Deltanet and Wiltel, with 1.6 million

users

-- to have been a fighter pilot with USMC, flying missions in Chile and for the

DEA, as a reserve pilot in the USMC, stationed out of Grand Prairie air station

just south of Dallas

-- to have been acting squadron commander of the Marine combat F4 squadron

VMF214 (Black Sheep) at Tan Son Nhut during the Viet Nam war

-- to have spent several years in NIS (Naval Investigative Service)

-- Graduate of Naval Staff & War College

-- Retired Colonel, United States Marine Corps -- to own 8% of eBay

However,

-- Jeff's 'INEG. INC' does not exist except as a fantasy in Jeff Williams' mind.

-- Jeff changed the name of the company in his .sig, in Jan 1998, from

'Information Eng. Group' to Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC., when the

real Information Engineering Group <http://www.ieg-america.com/>, became aware

of Jeff's use of their name.

-- SMU Law School Registrar's office, (214) 768-2618, disclaims all knowledge of

Jeff. Jeffrey A. Williams is a fake and an imposter.

-- 2. Why should I take care in sending private email to Jeff Williams? He may

post it to the list. Ironically, in his postings of others' private email so far

the content has been counter-productive to his reputation and credibility. You

should presume any email to him will posted to the list.

-- 3. Is there other material available on Jeff Williams?

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/03504.html

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/05347.html

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/05398.html

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/05525.html

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/08015.html

Please find below some additional claims he has made in 2002, regarding his

exploits:

1.  worked at CMA (an IT consulting firm) developing management principals (his

spelling not mine)

2.  worked for the United States government on a program called Krypto (must be

top secret because a Google search reveals only that it was the dog companion of

Superboy)

3.  worked for Systems Administration, Networking, and Security Institute

(sans.org) on BIND security

4.  worked for the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) in Public Key

Infrastructure (PKI)

5.  worked for the Vietnam Veterans Association

6.  worked for the Dallas Businessmen's Association (a Google search revealed no

such organization)

7.  worked for the United States Department of Defense as a project coordinator

on the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET)

8.  worked for the World Trade Organization on General Agreement on Tariffs and

Trade (GATT)

9.  worked on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

10.  attended the Economic Summit meeting held by President George. W. Bush in

Waco, TX, in August, 2002

11.  worked for the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) for six (6) years on

Internet Protocol Version 6

12.  flew F-4, F-14, F-18 jets for the United States Marine Corps but is now

retired

13.  is a private pilot

14.  to have served as a county judge for 1 year 8 months

15.  has a law degree and specializes in trademark, business, and antitrust law

16.  given award as "Outstanding Texan" by Texas Chamber of Commerce in 1998

(Google search reveals Chamber of Commerce are by city only; there is no Texas

State Chamber of Commerce)

16.  performs volunteer police work (and carries a gun!) once a month in the

state of Texas

17.  claims membership in both Texas State Republican Party and Texas State

Democratic Party Caucuses

18.  his family has six attorneys on retainer, two for him, two for his elderly

parents, and one each for his daughters

19.  teaches speed reading and basic reading courses to underprivileged children

and adults (where does he find the time to do all this and still rant online?)

20.  claims to have US$4555 in a trust account held for icannatlarge.org but

will not reveal name of bank nor provide any proof of account (and says that he

can raise US$100K more with little effort)

21.  is working with Richard Clark, Chairman of the U.S. Critical Infrastructure

Protection Board (Cybersecurity Czar) and Andrew Card, Chief of Staff of U.S.

President Geo. W. Bush Whitehouse Administration, on cyber security issues

22.  has over 23 years experience starting up companies including non-profit

corporations

23.  intimidated and threatened to report a fellow member of ICANNatLarge.org to

the U.S. Homeland Security Department and the F.B.I. for making a comment about

President Bush (he claims to be on speaking terms with department managements)

The above items are directly from his OWN statements:

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0207/msg00457.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0208/msg00619.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0208/msg00657.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0209/msg00584.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0210/msg00641.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0210/msg00654.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0210/msg00675.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0210/msg01053.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0211/msg00106.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0211/msg00200.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0211/msg00303.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0211/msg00313.html

http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0211/msg00410.html

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc11/msg02724.html

Some other sources for the "real" Jeff Williams:

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/jeffwilliams/

Please find below some additional claims he has made in 2003, regarding his

exploits:

1.  alleges to be in the United States Government Federal Registry but a federal

registry does not exist; although there is a Federal Register it has no

association with any Jeff Williams persona regarding related fields or topics

near what the Zombi/Kook rants (find out for yourself at

http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aces140.html)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0301/msg00258.

2.  claims to be a wireless internet provider for China although his fictitious

company is not remotely connected with ISP and there is no reference anywhere

through Google that mentions INEG and China in the same search except for

postings by Jeff Williams (which means he references himself as proof he exists)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0303/msg00242.html

3.  seems to have attracted another 2 thousand fictitious members to his fake

corporation (from 127k to 129k) as stated by his signature

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0303/msg00242.html

4.  accused a fellow member of ICANNatLarge.org of cheating the outcome of

several internet based elections and when challenged he only made more unfounded

accusations and provided no proof

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0302/msg00400.html

5.  always talks about members of INEG attending various internet related

meetings but nobody ever sees them or speaks with them or even finds anyone

wearing an INEG name tag , and Jeff always says "they are too busy to meet with

you"

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0303/msg00247.html

6.  claims to be one of the originators of ARPANET

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0303/msg00331.html

7.  claims to be an employee of the United States Government and threatened to

sue another member as well as inform both U.S. and Canadian authorities of

alleged illegal activities (the member was charged by Jeff of supposedly mailing

the membership list without authority)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0304/msg00082.html

8.  claims to have over $6700 in funds for ICANNatLarge organization but does

not provide proof the money exists

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0304/msg00192.html

9.  claims to be an informant for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.)

of the United States Government

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0304/msg00451.html

10.  talks about the openness and transparency of his alleged INEGroup but has

never revealed even one member's name and, if pressured, will state that one can

get the membership list via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request by the

United States Government law allowing access to records of Federal agencies (but

he states that it is available from the FEC which is the Federal Election

Commission which has nothing to do with INEGroup members)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0304/msg00466.html

11.  claims to have over 11K members in INEGroup from mainland China

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0305/msg00068.html

12.  says he has never lied!!!

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0305/msg00435.html

13. seems to have attracted another 2 thousand fictitious members to his fake

corporation (from 197k to 131k) as stated by his signature, so why always 2K at

a time?)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0305/msg00570.html

14.  claims to be an ex-amature (his spelling not mine) boxer in the United

States Marine Corp (USMC)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0305/msg00577.html

15. stated that he had turned in at least two members of the elected Panel of

ICANNatlarge.org to the United States Department of Homeland Security and

National Infrastructure Protection Center (DHS-NIPC) for alleged fraud

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg00394.html

16.  has admitted that he is an informant for the NIPC and tapes all telephone

calls that he makes to others

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg00622.html

17.  says he is a partner in several Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) in

Texas and foreign countries as well as being the owner of a ranch and claims he

is listed in the Texas Registry and the Federal Registry (there is no Texas

Registry nor Federal Registry)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01336.html

18.  claims to own property in France and made threats against another

ICANNatLarge member

see:  http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01635.html

19.  claims that he raised US$30K for ICANNatLarge but had to return it to donors because nobody in ICANNatLarge would get bonded (so why didn't HE get bonded?)

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01795.html

20.  posted 462 worthless rants to the ICANNatLarge list in 1 month

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0307/msg00022.html

21.  stated that US Department of Justice (DOC) is investigating ICANNatLarge for criminal misconduct of panel member election

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0307/msg00243.html

22.  claims to have contacted State of Michigan (US) District Attorney regarding alleged spam violations of one of the organizers of ICANNatLarge

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0307/msg00243.html

23.  was caught forging a memo from an employee of U.S. National Institue of Science and Technology (NIST) and was dismissed from the ICANNatLarge organization

see: http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0307/msg00367.html

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Leah and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

You may be right Leah. It is to our members also very evident
that ICANN's policy making is theater of the vaudeville variety in many
instances as well. Of course as an observer you likely have taken note
of the lack of accountability that Sen. Burns referred to in his remarks
as have other members of the Senate Committee in earlier
ICANN BoD and staff reviews that the Senate Committee and
the House counterpart have noted in the not too distant past.

L. Gallegos wrote:

> Elisabeth,
> It IS theater.
>
> Call me naieve, but I cannot for the life of me see what ICANN offers
> ccTLDs. IMO, the cc's should come under the IANA function only. What
> would a contract with ICANN accomplish for them?
>
> ICANN should also get out of the business management (or micromanagement)
> and stick to technical. Karl is right about this. ICANN has made "some"
> progress in bringing those involved in IDN to the table to discuss the
> issues from a technical standpoint - how they should be interacting in the
> DNS. It should do nothing else.
>
> ICANN should be working toward SLA's with root server operators and
> overseeing the truly important issues of security, stability and
> reliability. This it has NOT done.
>
> There was nothing mentioned about the IANA function, yet this is even more
> important than the DNS. IANA should be separated from ICANN and should
> have no bearing on the registries or registrars or ccTLDs other than
> performing the clerical details - a one person job.
>
> In any case, expecting anything to come of these hearings is a bit
> foolish, given the lack of oversight thus far. I, personally, have no
> expectations that anything good will come of it other than having
> testimony in the Congressional Record for posterity. It can't just
> disappear at least. In order to have any real meaning, however, there
> would have to be testimony from a great many more individuals representing
> many more sides and revealing the issues that will have the greatest
> effect on us all. This hearing was, like the others, narrow and biased.
>
> Nancy Victory's testimony was predictable, of course, in her praise for
> ICANN's "accomplishments?". It's a given that the MOU will be renewed and
> ICANN will continue to do what it has always done - mission creep,
> micromangement of businesses relating to domain names and nothing concrete
> in its technical mandate. If ICANN were a public corporation, it would
> have been either eradicated or completely reconstructed long before now.
> No group of shareholders would put up with this. One single audit would
> have been enough to cause replacement of staff and board. If it were
> funded with tax dollars, I'd be afraid to be a board member because of the
> allowed mismangement. It is most definitely not functioning as public
> benefit corporation, since it does not benefit the public, but only the
> special groups who back it. The mere fact of lack of membership for all
> stakeholders, with members rights is enough to negate any possible
> legitimacy it might have had.
>
> Leah
>
> On 4 Aug 2003 at 19:44, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:
>
> > Caveat:
> > As a non-US citizen, I feel watching Congress hearings like going to a
> > theater - the actors play their role, I am sitting in the remote audience.
> > I did appreciate Paul Twomey's conclusion said to the US Senator Burns: "I
> [...]

Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801