Re: Problem since [ga] list changed over...

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Problem since [ga] list changed over...
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:29:48 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

--- Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I suggest that the interface for all [ga] postings to your mailing
> list
> should be [ga]>[subscriber] so that these automated replies get sent
> to the
> [ga] and not to each individual who posts to your mailing list. As a

That would be a million times worse. If one did the above, then
EVERYONE would receive the automated replies (instead of just the
poster). AND, if one or more of the subscribers has a "dumb"
auto-responder, one can get into a situation where an infinite loop
occurs, and the auto-responders start responding to themselves (all to
the list), until they get booted off the list. I don't want to have to
wake up one morning with 5000 incoming emails....

By the way, will all content at the DNSO.org website be preserved at
the current site? (i.e. not shifted over to the http://gnso.icann.org/
but kept as a mirror at DNSO.org ? There are a lot of links pointing to
pages at DNSO.org at present, so eliminating that domain, or simply
redirecting the domain to the new site's home page (instead of to each
individual page in a new archive), would "break" a lot of links.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/