[ga] Application Comment Details - EARTH (Interlink)

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Application Comment Details - EARTH (Interlink)
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:20:59 -0500

Name: John Palmer

Affiliation: American Webmasters, Inc

Applicant: Interlink Co., Ltd.

String: EARTH

Application ID: 1-901-26957

Panel/Objection Ground: Legal Rights Objection Ground

Subject: TLD EARTH is already in use

Comment Submission Date:16 August 2012 at 19:07:33 UTC

Comment:The TLD ".EARTH" is an existing TLD which is the property of American Webmasters, Inc / dba AGN Domain Name Service, Inc, a Delaware Corporation.

We have been operating this TLD since 1995 when we claimed it from IANA (Dr. Jon Postel). This is documented in the book _Ruling the Root_ by Milton L. Mueller and the records of IANA.

ADNS has been operating this as a LIVE TLD in the INS since 1995. It is considered an internet directory and is protected by copyright law.

Any attempt to assign this TLD to someone else constitutes larceny by conversion and will be met with litigation and or criminal prosecution of all parties involved, including ICANN and the applicant.