Re: [ga] Where is ICANN's unredacted Form 990 for the year ending June 30, 2011?

  • Subject: Re: [ga] Where is ICANN's unredacted Form 990 for the year ending June 30, 2011?
  • From: Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 07:47:08 -0700

George and all,

  Well done George!  Seems to me though that our chair should have
taken up this duty/responsibility for the GA forum members.  Maybe next
time?  Seems also to me that ICANN could/should have been more
responsible and considerate of interested parties before the fact.
Perhaps next time?

  As to the particulars of the FULL Form 990, after I have had a chance
to review same more closely perhaps there will be a responsible and
comprehensive comment from myself.  I also may have some questions
for the Board and ICANN's officers in regards to this Form 990 report
as well as some suggestions accordingly.  If costs/expenses seem out
of the ordinary than perhaps the IRS reporting form for such will become
an option or a necessity.  Lets hope not.

  One area that I am concerned about is the IPv6 rollout costs and
delays as to reasons for and the non-integration and/or support for
IPv8 as a part of this roll-out.  Seems that ICANN certainly had/has
the funding but were weak on the planning and implementation or
perhaps coordination with the IANA.  Ergo as I suspected some
two years ago now, no integration for IPv8 will be recognized and
therefore realized as part or separate from IPv6 roll-out.  As such
the private sector will be shouldering these costs as they see fit
yet coordination with the IANA and ICANN will be subsequently
lacking accordingly, but will be present in other nations infrastructure
planning and implementation of same.  Seems that such is not the
best approach but is doable although a lag in knowledge base
regarding integration will always be present causing potential problems
with meeting FIPS and CIP and FISMA directives as they may apply
to cross border ecommerce.

Kindest and respectful regards and god bless,
Jeffrey A. Williams
PH # 214-245-2647