RE: [ga] I'm back

  • Subject: RE: [ga] I'm back
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 14:02:08 +0100

I think this comes down to the governance structure and list rules of the GA
which appear to have broken down leaving the GNSO with no option but to
intervene when asked.  The way round it is to establish a working governance
structure with written rules.  We have done this in the past but we need
more participants if we are to have a self-governing structure under the
structured governance as outlined in the ICANN by-laws (which state that the
GNSO has ultimate responsibility for the GA list).