[ga] Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] BofA buys hundreds of potentially "anti-BofA execs" domains

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lauren@xxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, peter.dengatethrush@xxxxxxxxx, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx, SenateWebmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] BofA buys hundreds of potentially "anti-BofA execs" domains
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:05:57 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Lauren and all,

WOW! quite a list there.  Seems silly to me though.  I wonder what BofA will be
doing once ICANN gets it's proposed 100 to 200 new TLD's in place.  Seems that
the domain name auction market will/may be having a Boon at BofA's expense at
least. Seems a waste of stock holders money as well to me. The
silver lining here may be for the legal community as there is a defamation
element here that might be worth considering for some Corp. Execs and/or
their companies legal officers.  But my 'guess' is that judges will soon
tire of adjudicating such cases if their dockets get too saturated with
such filings.  Still to me BofA nor any other corp./bank/ect. should have
to regester or buy on the domain name acution market so many Domain
names just to protect their reputation of from being slandered by the
use of DN's of such sorts.  From my point of view such is simple extortion
using the Domain system as a tool for executing same.