[ga] Re: Will ICANN be facing same with Dot X-X-X or IDN equivelents? - Craigslist Removes Its Controversial Adult Section

  • To: Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Will ICANN be facing same with Dot X-X-X or IDN equivelents? - Craigslist Removes Its Controversial Adult Section
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:47:02 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Phillip et., al.,

  Yes your point is well taken and I entirely agree.  Such actions
as a result of national law as they apply to international trade
agreements or international commecial contracted agreements makes
the sauce sour in some regions of the world.  The point is yet again,
where do some forms of Censorship apply and where do they not in
respect to the Internet or electronic trading of various sorts?

  A global policy and practice would be nice but not likely to
come into being anytime soon.  So IDN's in particular will be
in some jepordy both by users and to users accordingly.