Re: [ga] ICANN secret "closed-door" meeting on compensation in Brussels??!!??

  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN secret "closed-door" meeting on compensation in Brussels??!!??
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:53:01 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

George and all,

  Public discussion of compensation for any sort of corporation
is often times only discussed and decided in private.  In ICANN's
case as a non-profit CA. Corp. that has a significant public interest
and responsibility that they would or should be more open and
transparent when doing a compensation review or a meeting considering
same.  To not do so only promotes significant discontent and distrust
by those that ICANN supposedly is serving.

  My own opinion is that most if not all of ICANN staff, and certainly
their Sr. Leadership and legal representatives are grossly overpaid
given the lack or work product, and poor performance vis a vis the
stakeholders/ users / Registrants.  But their PR practices are well
done even if most of same is mostly BS.