[ga] no UDRP here eh? - Feds and Hollywood Seize Domains of Movie Pirates

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, imatx26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, SenateWebmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] no UDRP here eh? - Feds and Hollywood Seize Domains of Movie Pirates
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:55:16 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

All,

  So much for the UDRP process eh? OR, We have badges! >:) Oh yes,
and BTW, what ever happened to ICANN's oversight and safty and stability in
regards to the registrars of these DN's eh?  In any event, I for one am glad
these pirates were shut down all be it belatedly.  Let's all hope that ICANN
will do a better job with the near future domain names registered in .XXX
TLD.  Somehow though I doubt they will and LEA's will again need to step
in and effect the takedown at taxpayers expense.  >:(  Perhaps legislation
could be introduced or considered that would in effect charge back to ICANN
and/or the registrars and their executive staff's personal accounts for the
expense of these takedowns?
See:
The federal government and Hollywood teamed up to
seize domain names of seven sites that allegedly trafficked in
copyrighted movies without due payment. The so-called
http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/1006/100630losangeles.htm
Operation in Our Sites' sting targeted TVShack.net, Movies-links.tv,
Filespump.com, Now-movies.com, PlanetMoviez.com, PirateCity.org, zml.com,
NinjaVideo.net, and NinjaThis.net. The operation was run by the US
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the US attorney for the
Southern District of New York, in conjunction with several Hollywood
studios. Unlike past anti-piracy efforts, the sites did not actually
offer the movies for download, but instead streamed the movies and TV
shows against ads. Previously, movie crackdowns had concentrated on sites
that distributed movie files, most recently using the BitTorrent
protocol.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 300+k members/stakeholders and growing,
strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx