[ga] the future .. DNS National Security and the ICANN clowns

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> GA" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] the future .. DNS National Security and the ICANN clowns
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:07:09 -0400

The DNS is fracturing. It's been hijacked. Root server "I" in Beijing looks
like it's still offline as ICANN remains silent on a national security issue
- or should we call it a scandal? Washington is a buzz in DNS these days -
no one knows whats going on and Beckstrom is busy answering questions.

When the Peoples Republic of China accidentally or intentionally hijacks the
State of California expect some attention.

We need a better solution then ICANN. The world has become a very insecure
place overnight. Now that this attack vector is known expect it to be
exploited. DNSSEC will not save the day. It will simply provide another path
to exploit.

DNScurve would have prevented this from happening. But the protocol that
will be shoved in our face will be the DNSSEC make work project. DNScurve
and DNSSEC can live together on the same box. Both will provide their own
version of security. But as soon as DNScurve is adopted - expect DNSSEC to
die a quick death.

regards
joe baptista