Re: [ga] What can be done to reign in abuse of registra actions?

  • To: Andrew McMeikan <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] What can be done to reign in abuse of registra actions?
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:54:05 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Andrew and all,

  Your essentially right, unless the offended individual domain
name registrant is willing and has the where with all to file
legal action to defend themselves.  This has been a problem
with the ICANN practice and policy structure as well as process
sense ICANN's inception and remains so.  As such I along with others
have requested that an IRC < Independant Registrant constituency >
be formulated and have 1/3 of the current board seats or allow
for the GA to serve in such a capacity.  Thus far ICANN has turned
a deaf ear to such a prospect.