[ga] Chinese Pirates Launch Ubuntu That Looks Like XP

  • To: a2k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, james.love@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Chinese Pirates Launch Ubuntu That Looks Like XP
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:31:08 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

All,

  Sorry Jamie, seems that Ubuntu has also been hacked a bit
more successfully and the security potential for Unbutu's
GUI is now in great doubt.  I can only guess that the IP
boys and Big Pharma will be screaming bloody murder soon.

  I can also asertain that ICANN's efforts at trying to
make a "Deal" with China has been totally obliterated
accordingly.  Nice try Rod, but seemingly no cigar, eh?

  I suppose that one has to wonder whom really got the
"Cooties" here...

See:https://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/12/28/0213213/Chinese-Pirates-Launch-Ubuntu-That-Looks

An anonymous reader writes "Ylmf, famous for pirating Windows XP, have
just released a
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/12/26/chinese-copy-cat-pirates-launch-ubuntu-that-looks-just-like-windows-xp/
 version of Ubuntu that looks just like Windows XP.
Really, really similar. Apparently because Microsoft were cracking down
on the actual Windows XP pirating though I think they will still suffer
for ripping off the GUI exactly." Of course, if that's the sort of look
you like for your desktop, you need not risk any download cooties or
language barriers; a http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8562983&postcount=11
reader in the Ubuntu Forums suggests this instructional video for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4StlvX-kOg giving Gnome the XP treatment.

Respectful regards,

Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 294k members/stakeholders and growing,
strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx