Re: [ga] AGP - Success??

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] AGP - Success??
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:33:32 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

<HEAD>
<STYLE>body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:
 #ffffff;color: black;}p{margin:0px}</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16825" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=compText>
<P>Dr. Joe and all,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; I saw years ago now that the use or miss-use of DNS by certain
parties, ICANN included, based</P>
<P>on idiological foundations of various and perhaps non-compatable or not
directly compatable technical</P>
<P>basis was where DNS and the Internet was headed.&nbsp; So yes managing your
own DNS is essential</P>
<P>rather than relying on a service that may or may not share your or your
customers privacy and</P>
<P>security needs nor meet the challenges of ever increasing growth in attempts
to thwart or otherwise</P>
<P>intercept for purposes unknown but also perhaps miscrient uses of customer
or your own online</P>
<P>activities.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp; This said, we have now for years now been able to mitigate very
effectively for ourselves and</P>
<P>our customers the idiological incomparabilities incorporated in various DNS
config's and methods</P>
<P>of deployment yet still maintain interconnectivity seemlessly and safely
between same giving</P>
<P>users the control they want and need to protect themselves
accordingly.&nbsp; Yet organizations such</P>
<P>as ICANN have for idiological reasons been unable or unwilling to do so and
as such have exposed</P>
<P>huge numbers of registrants and users to significant danger and potential
harm accordingly.<BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff
2px solid">-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Joe Baptista
<BAPTISTA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx><BR>Sent: Dec 17, 2009 5:51 PM <BR>To: Hugh Dierker
<HDIERKER2204@xxxxxxxxx><BR>Cc: Accountability Headquarters
<GA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx><BR>Subject: Re: [ga] AGP - Success?? <BR><BR><BR>On Wed,
Dec 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Hugh Dierker <SPAN dir=ltr>&lt;<A
href="mailto:hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx";
target=_blank>hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;</SPAN> wrote:<BR>
<DIV class=gmail_quote>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=gmail_quote style="PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 0pt
0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch:
inherit" vAlign=top>
<DIV>Well the report is in. Did you know that there is 100% compliance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agp-policy-17dec08-en.htm";
target=_blank>http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agp-policy-17dec08-en.htm</A></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<P><BR><BR>It's all so much crap. I just wrote this little twitter that applies
<A href="http://bit.ly/4Uhgwu"; target=_blank>http://bit.ly/4Uhgwu</A><BR><BR>As
members of the general public will soon realize they can run their own DNS
servers and bypass their ISPs, ICANN, the USG, Google, OpenDNS and all the
experimental alternatives - which have more or less failed.<BR><BR>Problem is
there is no good operational DNS server for windows. I know of BIND for Windows
but last time I looked at it it was crap. People who run Linux OS will not have
a problem. They can install a BIND server and point their resolver to localhost
- 127.0.0.1.<BR><BR>MAC OS I'm sure can also run DNS probably BIND in a virtual
machine. In any case it can be done.<BR><BR>The Google announcement has
resulted in a high number of windows DNS programs which basically do nothing
important. Some test DNS resolver times. Theres one that switches your DNS that
I don't trust simply because I can't contact the programmers and they hide
their domain details behind a whois proxy service.<BR><BR>But I suspect the
next wave of DNS programs for windows may be useful and will give people the
power to run their own servers and gain the highest level of privacy and
security in the process. <BR><BR>Right now privacy in DNS is a trust between
the user and whoever is providing their DNS. As we all know that trust has been
violated on many occasions and has been well documented here on the
GA.<BR><BR>Let's not forget the power behind DNS and let those who remember not
forget that I proved the theory using the Baptista Vortex. He who controls the
DNS controls the users computer and has the power to monitor all the users
activities via a simple DNS redirect and a proxy server.<BR><BR>Thats scary and
thats why I run my own DNS server. I will never run into that problem - and
thats where security and trust start.<BR><BR>cheers<BR>joe baptista<BR><BR></P>
<P>Regards,<BR><BR>Jeffrey A. Williams<BR>Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over
294k members/stakeholders strong!)<BR>"Obedience of the law is the greatest
freedom" -<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Abraham Lincoln<BR><BR>"Credit should go with the
performance of duty and not with what is very<BR>often the accident of glory" -
Theodore Roosevelt<BR><BR>"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and
the burden, B; liability<BR>depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied
by<BR>P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."<BR>United States v. Carroll
Towing&nbsp; (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir.
 1/26/04<BR>CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of<BR>Information Network Eng.&nbsp; INEG. INC.<BR>ABA member in good
standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Phone:
214-244-4827</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>