Re: [ga] Open Source Voting Software Concept Released

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Open Source Voting Software Concept Released
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:23:22 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff,

The issue is remarkably well timed however the articles are farcical.
If we take what the following are doing we can see that voting by the ultimate
stakeholders is still a long ways off -- not for logistical, logical or even
legacal reasons but because of the politics of the players;

Danny Younger - over at the start up work for a "registrants goup" no direct
voting is on the table-- worries of capture and control.
Paul Lehto - over at the IGF bringing a hailstorm of reasons why voting is
terrible and can only be done right or not at all.
Denise Michels -- here and at the ALAC -- "we can neither provide mechanisms
nor endorse any process".
TLDA -- That mess has gone completely south for resistance to open voting
amoung "allowable members". Which brings us to civil society and Internet
governance,,,,,
UN-ISOC-IGF -- Requires a "suitable" "cadre"???
NCUC - Is most notable with the Muellerites denying membership and voting
rights to any that do not cow tow to the Ivory tower benevelont dictatorship of
those with foundation funding that is contigent on no common people being
allowed to participate.

The very sad and complete truth that it is the societal stakeholders that are
blocking direct dotcommoner representation in Internet governance, reveals the
direct power struggle by egomaniac wantabeees clawing their way to funding and
publication rights at the expense of representation. I know what is going on
and can route around it while the Nartens continue to herd the cats in such a
way to avoid consensus and the establishment of voting rights. But I worry for
my children.