Re: [ga] What is ICANN doing to make sure that the UDRP providers are truly neutral?

  • Subject: Re: [ga] What is ICANN doing to make sure that the UDRP providers are truly neutral?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:41:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

--- On Wed, 10/14/09, Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You think NAF is bad?
>
> Wait until you hear what's been going on at ADNDRC HK.
>
> Apparently they've decided to do an internal investigation
> - yeah that's the ticket - that'll cure the problems.
>
> Not.
>
> http://www.adndrc.org/announcement/ADNDRC_Press_Release_05102009.pdf
>
> Shouldn't ICANN be involved in any investigations
> pertaining to UDRP fraud?

Thanks for pointing that out. Since many (most?) of their decisions are not in
English, I tend to not follow them very carefully.

If one keeps up with the legal blogs, e.g.

http://www.abovethelaw.com/

one can see that lawyers (and most UDRP panelists are lawyers) are suffering
financially these days, so it doesn't surprise me that some are testing the
boundaries, and perhaps even crossing over them.

By the way, the list of UDRP decisions on ICANN"s website hasn't been updated
in *2 years*

http://www.icann.org/en/udrp/ (see "Proceedings" links)
http://www.icann.org/en/udrp/proceedings/date-index.html

They really should create a UDRPML electronic format (like XML) and automate
things.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/